1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Found good recipes & ideas for Thanksgiving day!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by centerd202, Nov 25, 2008.

1. centerd202

centerd202 New Egg

Nov 21, 2008
    Hello everyone,

I found some good ideas on recipes and decorations on centerd ; a very interesting site. Its also a great resource site for planning. Could any one share any other such sites. It would be of great help for Thanksgiving Day.

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] Great ideas! Thanks!

3. Athena

Athena Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't ask me why I was on the food network site, since Im in Iraq and won't be cooking this year,
    but, I found this really interesting recipe for fried cranberry fritters...
    courtesy of Paula Deen...

So, if you want a way to use your leftover cranberry sauce, here is a unique way!!

Deep-Fried Cranberry Sauce Fritters

Ingredients
    1 (13-ounce) can jelly style cranberry sauce, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
    2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
    2 tablespoons sugar
    Pinch salt
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 cup water
    Oil, for frying
    Directions
    Lay the cranberry sauce rounds out in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and freeze for 4 hours or until solid.

In a shallow bowl, place one cup of the flour. In another shallow bowl combine the remaining cup of flour with the sugar, salt, and baking powder. Pour in the water and stir together until smooth. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.

Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large Dutch oven to 375 degrees F.

Dredge the frozen cranberry sauce rounds in the flour. Then dip rounds in the batter and gently place in the oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.

Serve and enjoy immediately.

4. Athena

Athena Chillin' With My Peeps

Aside from the recipes on Food Network, here is another good site:

http://www.familyoven.com/

hopefully, you will find some good recipes there...

I just love to cook, and miss cooking desparately!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by