1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Found Home :-) Free Gold Laced Polish Pullet - 3/11/11 hatch date

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RyRy2, Jun 15, 2011.

1. RyRy2

RyRy2 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Canastota, NY
    The other chickens have pecked her bald for the last time. I am not in a position to keep her permanently separated, so I've come to the difficult decision to let her go.. I will only give her to a home with the ability to keep her in a separate pen with other crested breeds in order to give her the best chance that this won't happen again. She is very sweet, will eat from your hand and follow the sound of your voice to come visit or just hang out near you.. I will not ship her, but would be happy to deliver / meet someone within a reasonable distance..

[​IMG]

Thanks

Sandy

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    I'm sorry you have to rehome her and I wish I was closer. I would love to give her a safe home. I'm sure you will have no problem finding her a byc home.

Diana [​IMG]

3. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
  4. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    I'll take her if we're close enough to hand her off. I lost my1 polish named "Dinner" last year in an terrible accident.....and have been looking to replace her every since with another special case. I have a bantam frizzle and a tiny silkie she'd live and be spoiled with.
    I have to google your location. I live in Staten Island NY.[​IMG]

5. RyRy2

RyRy2 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Canastota, NY
    oh, I wish you were closer. I'm in upstate NY probably 4 hours away..

6. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    chicken poop......too bad I wasn't heading up to Saranac Lake anytime soon. Oh well.....we tried. Good luck!

Quote:

7. Missymac

Missymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    I am too far away as well:(

8. HathawayHens

HathawayHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    OMG! My mother in law wants to get a few chickens, and she lives IN CANASTOTA! lol. The only problem is that I won't be there to build her coop until the first week in July... my sister also lives in Canastota, on Lewis... maybe she could keep her at her house for a few weeks? If you had two other hens that I could buy to go with her, that would be great, otherwise I will just be sure to get younger / crested girls to live with her... we only wanted three total. Thoughts?

9. HathawayHens

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    My husband is there until tomorrow night helping her fix a few things... they live out past the batting cages on Pine Ridge. Maybe he could build a quick coop and come pick up the hen tomorrow? I guess depending on when I hear back from you... [​IMG]

10. HathawayHens

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    also, if this does not work out for some reason (if they can't get a coop built or something) my MIL also has a camp up in Loon Lake, and maybe she would be willing to transport the bird up to Saranac. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by