Found in OK City - 2 domestic geese - ADOPTED

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickmommar, Jan 24, 2008.

1. chickmommar

chickmommar Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure where to post a lost and found. 2 domestic geese were found in OK City on Jan. 23. These are obviously someone's pets and I'd like to find their owners to reunite them. Anyone with info or ideas, please let me know! Also, if I can't find the owners I will need a new home for them. Thank you. This is in central Oklahoma. Please email me at chickmom at gmail.com.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    You may also want to try posting on your local Craigslist

3. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Aw, that's so sad. [​IMG] Let me know if you don't find an owner. What kind of geese are they? And how in the world did you know they were domestic??

4. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Our local newspapers will run found ads for free. You might check to see if yours does, too. Also be sure to contact your local shelters.

5. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Let me know if you don't find the owner or can't find a place for them. I live near Choctaw and can probably find them a home.
    Monty

6. chickmommar

I did post on Craigslist. I tried to put an ad in the OKC newspaper but wasn't able to get the online thing to work or anyone to answer the phone there! I've identified some feed stores in the area and will try to see if they are any help or try to find a chance to get up there to post notices if they have a bulletin board (it's about 40 minutes away). The geese are domestic breeds and were picked up by animal control and taken to the OKC animal shelter and then picked up by my local rehabber who depends on me to find homes for waterfowl. Thanks for the thoughts. I will check in with you, Buckguy and Countryroad, if I can't find the owners. These guys will need a good home.

7. deeszoo

deeszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    There is a duck rescue group on Yahoo groups that could probably help you, too. I am in Kansas, and it is a trip. But, if you need me, let me know. Same deal as with the swans.

DeAnna

8. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    good luck finding their owners, I hope they weren`t abandoned by people who lost interest and dumped them off somewhere. Theres a pond in the next town over from me where people dump their ducks and geese when they don`t want them anymore. No worries though, the birds are very well cared for there. The people in the houses surrounding the pond feed them and take care of them. I think a local bakery drops off its old bread as well, because theres always a large pile of loafs and rolls there.

9. chickmommar

Buckguy and Countyroad - or any other OKies or folks nearby - I am looking for new homes for the two geese. I have photos and even videos if you'd like to see them. I don't know much about geese (I'm a duck addict) but knowledgeable people tell me they are likely a brown chinese and an embden/white chinese mix. I don't know if they are male or female. Their wings are clipped, although these breeds don't really fly. If you know of anyone with geese who might be willing to adopt, please email me. I can transport a couple of hours in any direction of Norman OK if someone wants to meet me or wants me to bring them. Thank you!

My email is chickmom at gmail.com or you can send a private message here.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  10. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    i have a friend who has geese and would probably take them but I haven't been able to contact her in a while. If you want me to take them and relocate them for you I will. Let me know how I can help.
    Monty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by