Found Kent feeds--questions

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by harleyjo, Aug 9, 2010.

1. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Ok, I have found some more feed in my area. I am giving them cracked corn but didn't feel that was enough for them. I have a mixed age flock. I have pullets around 15-16 weeks now, 3 more pullets about 3 weeks younger, a rooster the same age and a muscovy duckling.

This last time about a week ago I bought Multi Flock.

Now my co-op that is 2 blocks from my house has medicated chick crumbles when I get new pullets, but my ducklings and ducks can't have medicated feed. So can someone give me a feeding plan with a mixed flock? My duck is in with my chickens. Only one now because I just lost one but we intend to get a few more soon so this duck is not alone.

I am getting another batch of broiler chicks in Sept. This spring when I first started this crazy world of chickens I used medicated feed for my pullets until they got around 12 weeks. I used medicated for my broilers until about a month before butchering.

Just give me some direction on how to handle this please. Thanks!

http://www.kentfeeds.com/products/poultry/HF/homeFresh.php

ETA link

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. harleyjo

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    I also want to add that my local co-op is NOT where the Kent feed is. I have to travel about 15 miles one way to get it. Here in town they didn't have unmedicated feed that I want after they get through those first few weeks.

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Whether or not ducks can have medicated feed is based upon the medicine. If amprollium, there is no reason that the ducks cannot have it. If an antibotic, then they should not.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I agree with Sonoran,
    Harley, if you go to the High Flyer link and look at the High Flyer 22 it says
    "A complete grower feed for pheasants, quail, chukars, turkeys and for starting ducks and geese. It is available as a small granule or pellet, either unmedicated or medicated with amprolium, a coccidiostat."

I use the High Flyer line of Kent Feed and like it a lot and it is one of the better feeds you can get..

Chris​

5. harleyjo

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Thanks everyone. It is the ampulline that is in the feed. I will check into the High Flyer feed. I didn't see that kind at the feed store but I just asked for some multi flock. Is the high flyer ok for the chickens too?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by