1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Found little baby guinea...now what?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by zsazsa chick, Jul 20, 2011.

1. zsazsa chick

zsazsa chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    The funny farm
    Went into my coop, found chick. What do I do? Was not prepared for this. Trying to give water w/ little bit of sugar for strength.
    Help!!!

2. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Where are the rest of the eggs? Just put the baby in a box/brooder and provide water and crumbles. Dip it's little beak in the water and sprinkle the crumbles around it so it gets curious about them to peck. Then go look for the rest!

3. CinnamonQueen12

CinnamonQueen12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    If there is no parent around, i suggenst you take it inside and keep it warm and comfortable in a brooder. Use an eyedropper to get some sugar water into it. You can even try to give it electrolights for energy and vitamins. If there is a parent around, just leave it be, and nature will take care of things. However, if your worried about it, keep it inside and keep a close eye on it. try to get it to eat something. Make a mash using chick food and water. It might like that better than regular food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by