found lost turkey

REBROD13

Hatching
Oct 14, 2016
I have found a turkey that seems to be domesticated and want to return it to its home. how do I go about finding its home? How far can they wander? Has anyone in the Gilbert, AZ area lost a turkey?

Turkey can fly quite a ways. I would post in the animals free for rehoming section here and also advertise locally (craigslist, newspaper) but make the claimer identify the bird before allowing them to take it. Don't post pictures of it just describe you found a lost turkey and need to find its home. Best of luck!

Edited to say, some turkeys can fly, some can't. Depends on breed and weight.

Last edited:
Thank you. I have put a notice everywhere I could think of without posting photos. But I will do the rehoming thing as well. I didn't know that was a possibility until reading your post. Thanks again.

I have found a turkey that seems to be domesticated and want to return it to its home. how do I go about finding its home? How far can they wander? Has anyone in the Gilbert, AZ area lost a turkey?

Post it on your local craigslist. Also local radio stations usually have a lost and found announcement time that you can call in. Check with your local feed stores. Locally owned ones usually have a bulletin board where you can post information. Your local newspaper may have a lost and found section that is usually free to run those type of ads.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom