Found More Babies :)

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mochicken, Dec 6, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I advertised my Mutant Melanistic Male pheasant and a Ringneck hen for sale on craigslist and a guy emailed about them and when we started talking more I discovered he has quail, he set 17 eggs that are a mix of jumbo browns and some brown hens that were bred by a tux and they are due to hatch in a little over a week, I think I am going to trade him the pheasants for the quail and some cash probably, gets rid of two "problems" as I call the pheasants lol and gets me started with some jumbo browns which I wanted.

2. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Awesome! Congrats!

3. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    He said he will give me all that, and if I dont get all 17 he will even throw in some cash, I am going to meet him after they hatch, I LOVE the looks of the Mutant pheasant but they are just pointless to me. My quails give me eggs, more birds in smaller space, and meat. I think in the end I will make alot more money as well selling quail eggs and quail for meat than I would ever make on pheasants. I plan to sell jumbo's for meat and then I want to breed pretty Cot's to sell for pets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by