Found my Dad's old Brower Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WinklerFarms, Mar 11, 2012.

1. WinklerFarms

WinklerFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota
    While making more room to add more chickens in my barn, I found my Dad's old Brower incubator. I have two LGs already but I want to get this Brower back into action. It heats fine and the indicator light works but the temp won't stabilize so I have a new thermostat coming. ANYWAYS what I want to know is are there any tips anyone can give me for incubating in one of these. I would like to get it going with some eggs soon, I have a lot of people waiting for chicks and my two LGs aren't keeping up because I am hatching some new breed for myself already. THANKS!

2. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    When you say old Brower I'm thinking the round galvanized tin one. We had a thread going about a month ago here about them. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/626281/anyone-use-a-brower-incubator
    If that's the one you are talking about I do have a manual and parts list on file in my computer available for the asking. PM me with your email address and I'll get a copy on its way.
    db

3. WinklerFarms

WinklerFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota
    That's exactly what it is, the model tag is missing but I think it is an 846. My dad bought it new many years ago and only hatched out a few geese and chickens and has been storing it for years. I am thinking of either getting it working and using it or selling it not sure.

Thanks for your help!

4. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Ooh, I just bought a Brower galvanized 846 model 100 egg incubator, and I just hatched 18 chicks out of 21 eggs, I added a fan to mine though. I wish the thermostat placement were in a different spot. I will try to find a link to my thread about my Brower 846.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/627488/model-846-brower-galvanized-metal-incubator-pictures

This incubator was left in an Oklahoma barn, and when I got it, the mercury thermometer was busted, and the cord was covered with pieces of hard clay. If you scroll through the pictures, you can see that I did quite a bit of sanding to the outside.

5. jtbowles

jtbowles New Egg

Mar 30, 2014
    Hello, I have an Brower 846 incubator that was given to me by a neighbor. I would love to have the instruction manual emailed to me. Thank you so much. [email protected]

6. elSAABador2420

elSAABador2420 New Egg

Aug 12, 2016
    please send me a private message with the file as well. looking to get my Brower running.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by