Found my FID card the other night.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    My dh was shocked I had one, although I had thought I told him I did.
    Anyway. I am thinking of "renewing" it. I know it doesnt actually expire once it is given. But I guess I have to transfer it since I moved since it was issued. Same state, different county/city.

I am seriously considering getting a fire arm to protect myself, my family and my property... just in case it really hits the fan. Heck around here crime has already jumped. Half the police force was down the street this morning surrounding a guys house!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok I will be the one to ask - what is a FID card?

3. Hackles

Hackles Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Quote:I second that notion!

4. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Its a number and card stating that you can carry a firearm. most states have them. it depends on the state whether you can gt a concealed carry permit or not.
    NH has concealed carry permits you can obtain through your local police dept.
    most have to be renewed every 3 to 5 years, some staes they are good for life.
    Massachusettes I believe you have to renew if you move from one jurisdiction to another.

5. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Renew it.

It is our constitutional right to own and carry firearms. I strongly support the right to own guns or handguns. It is not the guns that kill...its the people that do.

6. Hackles

Hackles Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Quote:Good point, I don't know if those FID cards are required here in florida, all my fire arms are inherited, I have never bought one.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Learn something new every day.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Renew it and it will gave you grief and aggravation and hefty fines for not carrying one on you when you do have firearms in the house or car.

9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Renew that sucker fast. You never know when they won't allow us to renew our permits, or make it hard to do it.

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:True that it's a constitutional right but it's not a constitutional obligation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by