Found one of my muscovies passed away this morning

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020
Little primrose. Her sister Katniss was killed by a male i rehomed due to that a few months ago. Her and Katniss were such mischevious little ducks together. Primrose was doing ok. I got a few more muscovies and she was the #2 Muscovie in the pen.

Last couple days she had been keeping to herself. I’d go out at night and she would be in the coop already and just keeping away from the flock. When everyone else got in the coop are she wasn’t being picked on. Just keeping to herself. She also let me pet her yesterday which is new for her.

This morning I went out, found her sitting in a corner on one of the nests having passed away. Seems like she didn’t pass too long ago as rigor is just starting to set in

Kept an eye on her yesterday. Her poop seemed normal and she was eating. She doesn’t appear to be egg bound. And no wounds on her

All the other ducks seem healthy and normal. But will be keeping a close eye on them in the coming days

RIP lil Primrose
3945D7DE-228A-4142-B142-F40357BFDA9F.jpeg

Little primrose. Her sister Katniss was killed by a male i rehomed due to that a few months ago. Her and Katniss were such mischevious little ducks together. Primrose was doing ok. I got a few more muscovies and she was the #2 Muscovie in the pen.

Last couple days she had been keeping to herself. I’d go out at night and she would be in the coop already and just keeping away from the flock. When everyone else got in the coop are she wasn’t being picked on. Just keeping to herself. She also let me pet her yesterday which is new for her.

This morning I went out, found her sitting in a corner on one of the nests having passed away. Seems like she didn’t pass too long ago as rigor is just starting to set in

Kept an eye on her yesterday. Her poop seemed normal and she was eating. She doesn’t appear to be egg bound. And no wounds on her

All the other ducks seem healthy and normal. But will be keeping a close eye on them in the coming days

RIP lil Primrose View attachment 3337908
Im so sorry, she was beautiful.
rest in peace Primrose

Back
Top Bottom