FOUND Rooster-What breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chick-a-roos, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Chick-a-roos

Chick-a-roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Blue Ridge, GA
    This little guy was found and I was curious to what breed he is??? [​IMG]
    Poor guy is missing part of his comb and legs are covered in mites. I do have him quarantine from my chickens (in the bedroom) [​IMG]
    He ate like he was starved. I am treating his mites. What worming method should I start with and anything else I need to do or watch for?
    Thanks for any help

PS: oh, he needs a name? [​IMG] (he really is a sweet little guy!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:He's colored like a Salmon Faverolles .. but not really built like one .. ??

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Golden Duckwing OEGB?

4. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    I think he's a gold duckwing american game bantam...i think [​IMG] if you look at the ones on feathersite they are identical, except that his comb is not dubbed.

5. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I have no idea what breed, but he is very pretty.

6. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    and he looks young, under a year

7. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Looks like a gold duckwing OEG. I wonder if he's missing part of his comb because someone botched a dub job???

8. Chick-a-roos

Chick-a-roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Blue Ridge, GA
    Quote:I hate to sound stupid but what is a "botched a dub job"?
    Towards the back part of his comb (on the tips) are a blackish-purple color, what would that be from?

Thanks for the replies. He really is a handsome little sweetie. I guess he is just thankful to have food, water and a warm place to sleep! I hope to find him a good home (I am sure my two roos won't like him as much as I do) [​IMG]

9. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Seymour, Tn
    Quote:I hate to sound stupid but what is a "botched a dub job"?
    Towards the back part of his comb (on the tips) are a blackish-purple color, what would that be from?

Thanks for the replies. He really is a handsome little sweetie. I guess he is just thankful to have food, water and a warm place to sleep! I hope to find him a good home (I am sure my two roos won't like him as much as I do) [​IMG]

Dubbing is cutting off the comb and wattles of a game cock (as close to the head as possible). That's your "botched". Which has to be completed prior to showing. As far as the discoloring on the comb, I would say if he has already seen a full winter- frost bite. Which is pretty common in game birds if you don't dubb. Hope that helps.

I would call that a grey game as far as color. OP- you either have a american game or OEGB, depending on size.

10. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    He's pretty! How about calling him Lucky! He's lucky to have found you and ended up in your bedroom! LOL

I do see the scaly leg mites. Poor thing. I use petroleum jelly, with Seven Dust mixed in for that. What do you use?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by