Found Shell Less Egg On Ground This Morning..

pirtykitty

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Waco, Texas
I found an shell less egg this morning under the duck night pen... it went through the hard ware cloth and the straw.. is this normal???? I have been getting eggs with nice shells.. not sure if this is from same duck or one of the others.. I have two welsh harlequin females and 1 cayuga female.. 21 weeks Monday..
Thank you for your help..
Oh I am offering they oyster shell free choice

they are new layers... sometimes this happens. Keep an eye on your females to make sure they don't get egg bound. Perhaps you can add some kale to their fresh treats? their is calcium in kale, and your ducks will appreciate the snack...

I've gotten a couple of shell-less eggs from my chickens just randomly too. Unless you get another one soon, I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes it just happens.

i used to get it from random grocery stores like brunos, walmart, publix... not sure what kinds of stores you have by you... if your store has a decent produce section you should be able to find it in there... i had to ask someone for it since i wasn't entirly sure what it,looked like. lol

it's dark green, btw. lol and has very wrinkly edges

You might have some troubles finding it, actually. I remember it was really common when I lived in VA as a kid and it's in the stores here, but when I lived in FL and TX, I couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe it's to do with regional veggies?

Back
Top Bottom