FOUND SOME THANKS! **WTB the purest blue-est eggs that can ship ASAP**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lickskillet, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lickskillet

lickskillet *Home of the Shoveler*

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    My incubator is ready and waiting!! I have already 9 eggs that were supposed to be real blue waiting to go in, but would like to find some REAL blue ones. Bantam if possible [​IMG] lol I'm trying to get to the point of having just pure breeds, but it's hard to find any around me. TIA [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    I have EE but I not sure that want you want the eggs are light Blue

3. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I have a Bantam Blue Wheaton Ameraucana Rooster with 1 White Ameraucana hen, 2 Black Ameraucan Hens, and 1 Wheaton Ameraucana Hen...the eggs are a beautiful light blue...I have the Ameraucana egg color chart at home, I can check true colors when I get home...I had six+ yesterday....I usually have B-4 or C-3's....very light and pretty blues....(The parent birds are all ex-show birds, I am not certain what the genetic color combination makes)
    The father is a Bantam Blue Wheaton Ameraucana, here is his pic - I can send pics of the eggs later if I remember - they are very blue, not a hint of green at all.
    [​IMG]

Oh, I dont care what/if you pay for the eggs, you can just pay for the shipping and the paypal fee (1.25) - the flat rate box is $10.35....

Tina

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Do you want blue eggs or eggs that will produce blue chickens?

5. lickskillet

lickskillet *Home of the Shoveler*

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    I'm sorry I was not that understandable! LOL I would like BLUE eggs that will produce hens that will lay BLUE eggs and preferably pure breed. But if I could have the best of both worlds that wouldn't be a bad thing either! [​IMG] I know it might be a long shot to get mostly all eggs this color??!!
    Thanks! [​IMG]

These are some eggs I received this morning, see the one in the far left back corner? That is more of the color I'm looking for.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  6. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    These are my eggs they are EE I am sell them 6+ $10.00 plus shipping I am going out of town the week so I want to send egg off on Thursday what ever I get I will send. I have already got three eggs today and by Thursday so I should have a dozen all for $10.00

[​IMG]

7. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Whew this was hard, I'm tired tonight [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too hard to give stuff away anymore. And the pic may be too small to see the eggs? And I cant get the light to show up ANY blue, which they really are, but I put a white egg in there. Oh well, I quit. They can be chicken food with the Black Copper Marans [​IMG]

Tina

8. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    That is what I was looking for to. So far the blue-est eggs I have gotten so far have been from daschund's bantam EE's. They were not a light blue but looked more like the egg you pointed out.

9. verycherry

verycherry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    Hmmm... that blue egg is really nice, and some of the others aren't bad either. I be tempted to just contact the person you got these from, send her the picture with the acceptable eggs circled, and let her know you want more like those.

I won't be selling mine until later in the year, after a few test hatches. This is my first test hatch in the photo, due Sunday or Monday.

There are 9 Ameraucana eggs in the picture, but the flash lightened them a bit. Only one is what I'd call unacceptable, too green, but I needed to fill that space in the bator to keep the other eggs from falling over.

One of my hens lays a pretty sky blue egg, but it's very pale too as you can see. The others lay a blue-green or teal, but most have a nice strong color. Wish I could get that color saturation in the sky blue ones!

[​IMG]

10. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by