found this chick.. pls help

jcool73

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
well i was going to upload a photo but i dont know how...if someone can help me i will we have wild chickens running aorund here and i am trying to figger out if this is one of the chicks we cant get it to eats or drink and we are running out of time. we have kept it warm around 95 degrees and it ate a small amount of peanut butter with peanut butter thinned with its oown oil...i am trying to keep it alive long eough to save it if we can. i have raised chickens before but this one is not actig like a chick though it makes the same sounds ... i will stay near the computer today int he hopes to be on hand for this.

Don't feed peanut butter. 95 is too hot. Do you have any gatorade? Give it to the little chick with a dropper. Very slowly. Drop the liquid on the side/top of it's beak and let it slowly go into its mouth so it can swallow and not drown. Make it a scrambled egg. Cool it and smush it and try to feed the little guy.

If no gatorade try a little sugar in some water. A 1/2 teaspoon to a glass of water. Mix really well.

If it is still alive after trying the water and egg let us know so we can help more. Do any of your neighbors have chick starter crumbles??? Maybe you can borrow a little bit.

we have dstopped the peanut butter it will drink a little water when its beak is dipped in will try the sugar waater thing right now... we have no eggs and my hudsband is at work with the turck... i have some chicken starter crumbles but it is not trying to eat them

Why do you say it's not acting like a chick?

Does it LOOK like a chick but act like a baby sparrow?

well it is colored a dull brown with some darker brown portions almost a mottled look with whitish down undercoat... its beak is mostly like a chickn but the top part of the beak "dips" to a point i am trying to figger a way to get yall a pic

38451_popper001.jpg

38451_popper002.jpg

better ones on the way

Last edited:
Mix the starter crumbles with a little applesauce or babyfood or maybe a piece of canned fruit like pear. Mash everything up and add a little of the syrup from the can. Anything to wet the crumbles and make it taste good. Water is most important though.

I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way!!!! Come on chickie.

get a photo with a digital camera, put the photo on your pc using the usb cord that comes with the camera. Web cams also work.

Then go to imageshack.com and upload the photo from your computer to image shack. After you have done that, copy and paste the link they give you to the photo here in the thread.

edit: nvm you figured it out lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom