Found this distrubing site showing pictures from an egg farm.

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by reveriereptile, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Found this while looking up something else. It does contain graphic images of an egg farm showing the cruelty that the birds go through. Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong section or if it has already been posted.

I noticed at the end of the site the person stated they adopted the vegan diet which got me thinking of another thing. Don't know if they grow their own garden or buy from a store. One thing that some people don't realize is when they aren't using veggies from their own garden is all the lives that were taken during crop harvesting. I never realized it till I rode a tractor to mow hay for my FIL. The birds flock over to pick up the dead mice, insects, and other things that died. Then the deer that are shot to keep them from eating the crops. I will say it is different though with a wild animal dying during crop harvesting than an chicken/turkey raised in horrible conditions their whole life for their meat/eggs.

link to activist site removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  2. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Thats so sad I feel so bad for those poor hens.This is why people should start raising there own chickens.

3. kooltex

kooltex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    NE Tx
    Very sad, that should be illegal. I'm glad to have my own chickens for meat and eggs, at least they live a good life before their end.

4. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    There is a reason that we started raising our own hens and don't buy store bought eggs anymore.

That website should be reason enough! [​IMG]

5. AZKat

AZKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Pictures like this are why I've been buying cage free or free range eggs for a long time, and am now raising my own chickens. I do think that people are entitled to eat or not eat whatever they want, but I do wish that the energy that is currently being put into getting people to go vegan would be put into encouraging people to eat ethically and sustainably raised animals and animal products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by