Found this today

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by maryvf, Aug 21, 2016.

1. maryvf

maryvf Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

I wormed with Wazine two weeks ago. I was looking forward to not throwing away any more eggs. Then this morning I found this in some frothy poop. Since I have so many birds, there is no way to tell which one this came from. Am I right in assuming this a round worm? Also, I just started them on food grade DE on Friday. Could that be the cause of seeing them now? It is not moving so assuming it is dead. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Did you repeat your Wazine dosage in 7-10days or just give a one time treatment?
    It's hard to say whether that is a worm or not. Could be food-grasses, etc.

DE added to dust bathing areas can help with mites/lice, but it is not effective as de-wormer. Best stick with the Wazine for round worms or for broader spectrum de-wormer you can use Valbazen or Fenbendazole (Safeguard, Panacur).

Wazine-17 dosage is 1oz. per gallon of drinking water for one day and then repeat in 7-10days - make sure this is the only water available on the day you treat.
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2015/11/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens.html

3. maryvf

Aug 2, 2016
    Thank you for replying. I have not seen any other sign of worms, except for a rooster I believe has gape. he has been isolated for a while but still not cleared up. Just ordered the right meds from Jeffers.

4. maryvf

Aug 2, 2016
    and yes, that was the Wazine dosage I gave them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by