Found tons of eggs this morning!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by TennesseeTruly, Oct 30, 2010.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Hubby was cleaning out the goose houses today and he found 4 eggs in one goose house, 5 in another house, 3 in another house, and 3 in another house. My Sebbies have been mating for weeks but since we didn't find any eggs, I thought we were good, well the little brats were hiding them under the hay!

Laurie

2. MsMelvin

MsMelvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    What are you gonna do Tennessee? I have visions of little ones running thru your house all winter and your hubby just shaking his head, smiling, while he has to step over them:lol:

3. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Goose eggs are best slow cooked at a low temp, in an incubator for about a month. [​IMG]

4. TennesseeTruly

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I only brought 2 in the house and put them in the incubator. I don't need a houseful of goslings this winter, no no no!!

Laurie

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

[​IMG] [​IMG] send them to meee!! lol [​IMG]

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:But what will you do if only one hatches? It will be so lonley [​IMG] so mabe you should consider more eggs [​IMG] i bet there is someone in your area that would be happy to have some.

7. sillysister74

sillysister74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    My dream is a yard of Sebbies and you are only 6 hours away (plus potty breaks). I am hoping to convince my husband that I can have more geese. We have an Embden right now with a nasty attitude. He might be named Christmas if he does not start behaving.

8. MsMelvin

MsMelvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Quote:But what will you do if only one hatches? It will be so lonley [​IMG] so mabe you should consider more eggs [​IMG] i bet there is someone in your area that would be happy to have some.

Yea; what if only one hatches.....perhaps three or four just in case [​IMG] I had to find a duck to do a goose job! [​IMG]

9. TennesseeTruly

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Oh please don't tempt me to put more in the incubator!!

How many of you were here when we got Prince Peter?? Steven, my wonderful "goose hating" husband fixed up our den as Peter's bedroom, would run outside when Peter was outside in a pen to "rescue" him when it was raining WITH AN UMBRELLA!! (I couldn't convince him that Peter might actually LIKE the rain) I finally put my foot down and demanded that he build Peter a house outside and we got him some friends because I was tired of cleaning Peter's "bedroom" every day when he went outside to play.

When we finally put Peter outside my husband was outside checking on him every 15 minutes. It drove me crazy. I cannot go through THAT again!!!

When I wanted to get Peter, Steven said NO because he hated geese. Yea right!! LOL!!

Laurie

10. The goose girl

The goose girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Denmark
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by