Found tons of eggs this morning!

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
Hubby was cleaning out the goose houses today and he found 4 eggs in one goose house, 5 in another house, 3 in another house, and 3 in another house. My Sebbies have been mating for weeks but since we didn't find any eggs, I thought we were good, well the little brats were hiding them under the hay!

Laurie

What are you gonna do Tennessee? I have visions of little ones running thru your house all winter and your hubby just shaking his head, smiling, while he has to step over them:lol:

Goose eggs are best slow cooked at a low temp, in an incubator for about a month.
lol.png

Quote:
But what will you do if only one hatches? It will be so lonley
sad.png
so mabe you should consider more eggs
big_smile.png
i bet there is someone in your area that would be happy to have some.

My dream is a yard of Sebbies and you are only 6 hours away (plus potty breaks). I am hoping to convince my husband that I can have more geese. We have an Embden right now with a nasty attitude. He might be named Christmas if he does not start behaving.

Quote:
But what will you do if only one hatches? It will be so lonley
sad.png
so mabe you should consider more eggs
big_smile.png
i bet there is someone in your area that would be happy to have some.

Yea; what if only one hatches.....perhaps three or four just in case
lol.png
I had to find a duck to do a goose job!
big_smile.png

Oh please don't tempt me to put more in the incubator!!

How many of you were here when we got Prince Peter?? Steven, my wonderful "goose hating" husband fixed up our den as Peter's bedroom, would run outside when Peter was outside in a pen to "rescue" him when it was raining WITH AN UMBRELLA!! (I couldn't convince him that Peter might actually LIKE the rain) I finally put my foot down and demanded that he build Peter a house outside and we got him some friends because I was tired of cleaning Peter's "bedroom" every day when he went outside to play.

When we finally put Peter outside my husband was outside checking on him every 15 minutes. It drove me crazy. I cannot go through THAT again!!!

When I wanted to get Peter, Steven said NO because he hated geese. Yea right!! LOL!!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom