Found what I’m pretty sure is young pullet, trying to figure out breed

SilkiesInSuburb

Songster
7 Years
Mar 13, 2016
Northern California
My brother and his friend found this young bird in the street (did not appear to be injured or limping, it ran from them very quickly) and asked me to identify if it was a hawk or chicken. I’m positive it is not a hawk and is a chicken (or at least some domestic poultry as it was fairly calm in my hands and peeped like a pullet / cockerel, and ran instead of trying to fly) but I cannot ID the breed of chicken. Could I get some help in identifying this bird? And if it would be safe (after being quarantined and proper measures taken beforehand obviously) to introduce to another chicken.
AD8D6B99-F645-4C89-97C6-52D043843B5E.jpeg

4A99C5D6-28C6-41AA-8232-238727880A8D.jpeg

sorry picture quality is not the best, I will try to take new ones tomorrow if needed.

@nuthatched turns out you were right, almost positive it is a melanistic ring necked pheasant hen. Which I don’t have experience raising or extra time for, so will probably be given away to a better home / rescue

@LadiesAndJane Aw super cute baby, love it
How do you check? I know peasents font have combs and wattles but is that all? I hope she gets a great home, whatever she is.

Back
Top Bottom