Four baby swans

canucks20

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 14, 2013
I was given 5 swan eggs to hatch a few months ago after someone had seen the mother and father swan dead. We put the eggs into our incubator without much hope, but a few weeks later we had 4 baby swans. Im pretty sure they are white mutes. They are now about a month old. I was wondering how much I could sell these 4 swans for? Thanks

Congrats! Why not just keep them? After all you took the time to hatch them out
wink.png

I know that swans go for about $1,000 on murry McMurry bit I don't know how muck people in your specific area would be willing to pay

That was a great hatch rate! Baby swans or cygnets go for less than adults. Hatcheries like McMurry have quite a steep mark up. They usually buy them from local breeders to resell. I sold adults for $250 each, so you might be able to get $200 per cygnet. Just so you are aware, Mute Swans are regulated by the Department of Natural Resources in some states. Also, Mute swans really should be pinioned before they are a week old. It does affect their value

We don't have the room to keep them. I would love to sell them to a good home with a nice pond for someone to enjoy

We don't have the room to keep them. I would love to sell them to a good home with a nice pond for someone to enjoy

I'm very interested in your baby swans! I own an 11acre farm with a 1acre pond on it. I would like the swans as pets that will help keep my pond clean. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected],
thanks so much, Michele

I am interested in knowing if you still have the four baby swans for sale and what price for all four? You can email me or call at (787) 560-9126 [email protected] I am located in Ocala, Florida.

Back
Top Bottom