Four different abnormal droppings! **Help please**

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jlovepj1027, Sep 15, 2016.

1. jlovepj1027

jlovepj1027 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2016
    SoCal
    This morning I observed a strange poop, now I see four strange poops! They ALL look like they may have something different going on and don't look healthy! I don't know who pooped what but what could it be and what should I do!?? TIA!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

the one below the top one is cecal poop, and its nothing to worry about except that it smells more then other poop.

the really watery brown one looks weird but chickens just poop like that when it's hot out and they are drinking more water so thats nothing to worry about.

the green one is watery for the same reason a previous and the green is probably from what the bird ate.

not sure about the other one but it's probably fine
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html

1 person likes this.
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    How close to San Bernadino are you? If close enough you could take some fresh poop to the CAHFS lab and have it tested for parasites.

-Kathy

1 person likes this.
  4. jlovepj1027

Mar 2, 2016
    SoCal
    I am about an hour and a half without traffic, and well, no traffic in California is unheard of! And with work, cheer, school and three kids 2-9, I don't see myself making it that way ever. I just treated the flock with Wazine three weeks ago since the chicks I have were of age. And I try to give probiotic yogurt once a month, cayenne pepper in their feed and/or DE once a month. Is there any other precaution to parasites I could take? None seem to have off behavior other than some mounting.

5. jlovepj1027

Mar 2, 2016
    SoCal
    And the weather is crazy lately, it's freezing all night and throughout the mornings and then unbearably hot during the day.

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Do you have a small animal vet? Maybe they could test it for you?

-Kathy

1 person likes this.
  8. jlovepj1027

Mar 2, 2016
    SoCal
    No local veterinarians will. And I've called and spoken to everyone. We have many equestrian veterinarians because of all the wineries, ranches etc. no one who will deal with chickens... It is unbelievable. But yesterday I noticed these... Is it normal?? I am giving them spaghetti from time to time, meal worms, organic feed, oyster shells separate and other high protein treats as some molt, but nothing else! I treated the entire flock with wazine 4 weeks ago since the chicks were of age, but I've never seen droppings like these...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jlovepj1027

Mar 2, 2016
    SoCal
    I don't know why these stools are so red! I give them nothing red! Romaine lettuce from time to time, cucumber from time to time...that's about it.

10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

In my flock that woul not be normal and I would treat for coccidiosis and worms.

-Kathy

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by