Four Point Major Today For Katie!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Today in Lake City, FL under Ken Buxton Katie won her FOURTH AKC Major from the Bred By Exhibitor class, a 4 pointer. This gives Katie 13 of the 15 points she needs to become an AKC Champion.

She showed like a true champion for me today. As usual ringside comment was positive, with many noting her lovely breed type, and in particular her beautiful movement.

I was grateful the rain held off until after Breed judging was over!

Top top off a wonderful day, I enjoyed a lunch with the Kostlich Rottweilers crew with Vickie, Krissie, and Krissie's extra nice beau, Rob. Home made fare included a fabulous pea salad, outstanding potato salad, home made deviled eggs (WOW they were good!), crudite, and brats cooked on the grill. To finish it off in style there was key lime pie and home made eclair cake. YUM!!

Then the bottom fell out, and I departed show grounds to find a delightfully nice room to relax in until tomorrow.

I have a chance to finish her tomorrow, but for now, I'm just SO HAPPY with today's win!

2. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    awesome! and good luck tomorrow!

3. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    LOL it was probably only the raindrops that kept you from floating high above the show grounds. WHAT A WIN!!! I am so happy for you both!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rusty

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]
    What happens when she gets the other 2 points?? Can she go on to like the big Westminster dog show??

5. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    YES. We will go on to work towards her Grand Championship title, and in 2012 she will be working on being "ranked" among all the dogs who are already CHs who are competing for Best of Breed. We have a good shot at ending 2012 in the top 20, which means we get an invitation to the Garden, and also to the American Rottweiler Club's top 20 competition at the National Specialty.

She is a VERY special girl, who has had extreme and unusual success for her age, and I expect that to continue as she matures.

Thank you all for sharing in our glory. It is much MUCH appreciated. [​IMG]

6. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    Congratulations. As I recall, when you posted baby photos, she was the one that drew my eye. I'm so glad for you she has lived up to her earlier promise and kudos to you for showing her in Bred By. May you have many more great wins in the days and years to come!

[​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Go all the way, Katie! Knock their socks off! you did good!

8. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Congratulations!!! I remember her puppy photos. Can you post a recent one? Apologies if you have and I missed it.

9. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations![​IMG]

10. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Good Luck today. Hopes she gets champion today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by