Four Silkie Cockerels for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by L0rraine, Nov 7, 2011.

1. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    $6.00 each. Pick up only -- or I can meet you half way if it's not too far to go (I go to the Bothell/Woodinville area once a week).

Three blues(?) and one splash. They hatched in late May. 'Dad' is pictured below with buff hen (who may be 'mom' to a few of them). I originally thought 'mom' was a blue (from hatchery stock), but I'm seeing an awful lot of gold feathering in some of the neck feathers so wonder if some of the eggs were from my buff hen below. I can't find a picture of my blue hen but she's not as showy as the other two.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rooster in this picture is the dad -- the buff hen may or may not be mom to a couple of them.

[​IMG]

2. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Dad's crest- is he molting? He looks fantabulous Lorraine... if you ever need to get rid of him let me know as I am sure Calesta would love him. I just took her a splash this weekend.

3. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    Ultasol, re: the crest, it was very strange because he lost a bunch of feathering on his head for a bit. I thought it might have been from a day I accidentally left the gate ajar between pens, and he got picked on by our (smaller) d'uccle roo. By the time I heard the squawking and got over there the d'uccle had bloodied his head. The feathers came back, except a few came back in very white (is that normal?). I hadn't meant to hatch any chicks that weren't nicer quality, but then we had a couple of really determined broodies and so I broke down and gave them each a few of the eggs from the Silkies (and then was really kicking myself when every one of them seemed to turn out to be a roo). Right now they are happily coexisting in their own pen, but my husband won't let me add any new birds until I've thinned the flock a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by