Four wk GLW. *Update* Everyone thought all boys. 2 girls! See post 27

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TinyLittleFarm, Mar 30, 2011.

1. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    We're pretty sure we have at least two roos. I haven't had GLW before so I'm not sure how soon they get wattles and whatnot. Here they are.

Suspect #1.
    Face:
    [​IMG]

Body:
    [​IMG]

Suspect #2
    Face:
    [​IMG]

Body:
    [​IMG]

Suspect #3
    Face:
    [​IMG]

Body:
    [​IMG]

Suspect #4
    Face:
    [​IMG]

Body:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. Hegatha

Hegatha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Washington
    Hate to say but those all look like Roos number two may be pullet but not certain.

3. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Quote:Totally agree...sorry [​IMG]

4. TinyLittleFarm

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Get one more and at least you'd have boys basketball team.

6. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    #2 has a possibility but we would need a clearer picture of her...maybe a tad bit closer too... But yeah, the rest are roo-ish

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Just went back to look at my 4 wk shots. Yeah...number 2 is the only one I'd hold out hope on for pullets. My girl really had no noticable pink in her comb/wattle area at that age from what I can make out in my pictures... Same in my 5 week shots...

8. TinyLittleFarm

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I'm so bummed! I hope #2 stays girlie. She has always had a different tail and feathering from the others. Early on I thought we had 3 pullets because those boys feathered out quicker than the other. At least I picked up two pullets out of the Assorted Reds bin at TSC when I got these guys! We hardly needed any more chickens, but I figured if I was going to fall victim to fuzzy cuteness I'd better be sure to come home with at least a couple girls. I was really looking forward to having a couple of pretty GLW in my flock. Bummer.

Anyone need a roo? [​IMG]

9. alcap

alcap Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Wish I lived in Wisconsin I would definitely take one of those boys ! Nice looking Roos:weee:weee

10. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    I have 8 SLW's that I bought sexed. 8 girls and 1 roo. The roo was marked with a colored marker, but I also noticed when they started growing their wing feathers, all the girls had much longer wing feathers than the little roo...every single one of them. So it was easy to tell him from the girls. Now that they have grown more his feathers have pretty much caught up with the girls on wing feather length, but I have noticed his little comb is redder than the girls. It doesn't really look much bigger, but it is redder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by