FOWL CHOLERA

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by prittybitty, Apr 15, 2009.

1. prittybitty

prittybitty Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2008
    MY BUFF ORPINGTON HEN WENT DOWN YESTERDAY. IT WAS TO LATE WHEN I FOUND HER. HER COMB WAS PURPLE AND SWOLLEN. I COULDNT MAKE HER GET UP. I LOOKED ON THE INTERNET AND CAME UP WITH THIS. BUT I DONT KNOW IF ITS COMMOM OR NOT. THERE WERE 6 HENS 1 ROO IN A 8X 10 PEN. I LET THEM OUT NEARLY EVERY DAY FOR ABOUT 1HOUR TO TWO HOURS. SOME DAYS WHICH ARE RARE I CANT. WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE DIFFERENT. I FEED THEM MEDICATED CHICK STARTER AND SCRATCH. KEEP WATER AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE. I PUT HAY DOWN ON FLOOR AND IN NEST BOXES. I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG. I FEEL LIKE I LET HER DOWN.

2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

This bird may have had a cicrulatory/heart problem. Might be genetic...you'd have to check with the breeder, if possible.

3. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Necropsy is best if you still have her around.

4. prittybitty

prittybitty Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2008
    i dont know what that is. i have another hen acting a little strange she ruffles feathers alot and stayed in nest box last night wouldnt even go on the roost. there was no egg there this morning i dont know whats going on

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by