Fowl Pox! How to quarantine?

Fowl pox is most definitely spread by mosquitoes. Do your best to reduce the mosquito population in your area. Drain any standing water, keep grass short, and it might help to screen in the ventilation on your coop. I think a fan on your infected birds is a good potential solution to keep mosquitoes at bay.
I have a fan on my birds 24/7, but I didn't put it on them until a couple days ago when I noticed the gnats were becoming a problem. Thats probably when they got infected. Do you think keeping a stronger fan on the infected ones for a couple weeks and cleaning their pen mutiple times a day will work if I keep two in each pen?

I have a fan on my birds 24/7, but I didn't put it on them until a couple days ago when I noticed the gnats were becoming a problem. Thats probably when they got infected. Do you think keeping a stronger fan on the infected ones for a couple weeks and cleaning their pen mutiple times a day will work if I keep two in each pen?
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. Mosquitoes can harbor the disease for 8 weeks, so you're in for a bit of a haul.

This is their quarantine setup. So far I haven't even seen any gnats around them so hopefully it works okay. I will clean out multiple times a day and change the chickweed, food, and water to ensure no scabs have fallen in

Attachments

• 20200626_122221.jpg
    20200626_122221.jpg
    797.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom