Fowl pox irritated eyes

lynviviana

Chirping
Jul 4, 2021
What can I put on my hens eyes for redness and irritation? Will saline drops help? I have terramycin as well. Can I use that?

I am not an expert of fowl pox but I would try the saline drops to see if it helps because I always have saline drops on hand. Hopefully others have a better idea.

Terramycin eye ointment is very good for eyes during fowl pox. Pox is a virus, but it can be common to have secondary bacterial disease in the eyes if there are a lot of scabs near eyes. Use it twice a day. Saline or eye was is very safe as well.

Terramycin eye ointment is very good for eyes during fowl pox. Pox is a virus, but it can be common to have secondary bacterial disease in the eyes if there are a lot of scabs near eyes. Use it twice a day. Saline or eye was is very safe as well.
Yes! I have been applying both and have seen improvement. Out of the 55 in my flock only two of my females have been severely affected in the eyes. Separated the most affected to pay a little more attention to them. Still pretty bad but managed to finally get her eye to open.

how many days do you recommend I do this?

Back
Top Bottom