Fowl Typhoid??? HELP!

Namaste Mama

Songster
11 Years
Sep 18, 2008
AZ
1) What type of bird , age and weight.- Light Brahma 1 weeks old
2) What is the behavior, exactly. Very Lethargic wings dropping can't stand ocasional peeping
3) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. none
4) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. NOticed the chick just standing kinda swaying barely moving and acting like it didn't feel well. Sepreated the chick, then noticed black stools and chic is now having yellow chalky looking stools, laying around and literally has no color too her, here legs are very yellow like theres no blood in them.
5) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. None, shes actually fell asleep in her food and water dish I have been giving her water by the dropper/
6) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. yellow chalkly
7) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? SEpreated, gave her water by the dropper, cayanne pepper, ACV in water.
8 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? I have to do it my self.
9) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
DSCF3288.jpg

10) Describe the housing/bedding in use Was in pine shavings with others now in a box by herself with paper towels.

I'm sorry you lost her.

Since Typhoid is supposed to be eradicated in the US, you could contact your state vet for confirmation on why she passed. Sometimes the little ones just don't make it.

Jody

The black stools could also be a sign of Cocci, I would though have a vet confirm. Just for peace of mind and the protection of others in your flock.

So sorry for your loss. Perhaps calling the state vet for a test. Somewhere I have seen where it is often a free nacropsy. How saddened I am to hear of your loss. Lets hope it was one birds illness!

Back
Top Bottom