Fox,coons,hawks,possum,etc.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by CWP1966, Feb 4, 2017.

1. CWP1966

CWP1966 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2015
    I have all sorts of critters around here. Here's a funny video. I was just out there 6 minutes before.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I will usually know if a fox has been hanging around because I will have turds nearby (easy to distinguish from my dogs since they are usually full of nuts, berries, and other undigested vegetation). I suppose its a territorial thing. Though, I think that one knew there was a camera and wanted to put on a show. lol.

3. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

Right, it's territorial...and pretty "in your face". Vulpes vulpes has some attitude. [​IMG]

4. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Love it! That's what that safe coop is for. Mary

5. CWP1966

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, they're pretty safe.I have 4 other coops/runs. I have 8" of concrete around the bottom of them and 2' of hardware cloth around the bottom too. All welded wire. Something can still get in if they want to bad enough. I had a 6' black snake get some of my 4 week old chicks last spring, I just happened to go out at 1 in the morning and catch it. My camera also caught a neighbor getting my eggs! When you go from getting 25 to 30 eggs a day to zero, you know something is up. BUSTED! That same neighbor was also caught on video releasing coons I caught in live traps around my trash cans. I live at the end of a dead end road on a lake in the foothills of NC. Only 2 houses down here. That boy finally moved out of his dad's house and got a job. Everything is cool now.. His black lab likes to **** for the cameras too. LOL.

6. CWP1966

Oct 3, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Coons do it too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by