Fox Football anyone?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Cetawin, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Here are the rules:

Players for Team 1:

1 Fox

Players for Team 2:

1 Tiny ticked off chicken owner
    1 Huge totally ticked off Orp Roo

The Rules:

Be the first to succeed...Full Contact...No Holds Barred

Team 1 - wishes to carry a chicken into the woods

Team 2 - wishes to annihilate Team 1 and prevent losing a chicken

So...Team 1 starts off the game by standing on the first chicken it gets close enough to from a group of 19 birds running hither and yon. Team 2 starts off on separate sides of the field...one at ground level and in a direct line to Team 1 and the other on the second story deck.

The game begins....

ticked off owner screams and runs down the stairs and is then met by the totally ticked off rooster who begins pacing alongside the ticked off owner as they approach Team 1. Team 1 begins evaluating possible strategies to avoid Team 2 and still succeed. Team 2 is furious...there is yelling, some cursing and tons of growling from the rooster. Team 1 looks up just in time to receive a punt to the face and get knocked off of the chicken...who leaps up and flees the scene.

Team 1 makes a run for the woods with rooster chasing...

Team 2 WINS!

Team 1 suffers a traumatic brain injury and facial lacerations not to mention a pounding headache from the illegal yet perfect punt to the face. [​IMG]

So...the roo involved....Lancelot

[​IMG]

The hen:

[​IMG]

The feathers lost:

[​IMG]

The psycho maniac owner...... ME all 92 lbs of me Ruby is in the coop next to Lancelot and okay...she was shocky but has recovered.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

WHAT?????????? First a coyote, now a fox? OMG.......... I bet you were screaming your head off!

Sir Lancelot wins yet another game with those foolish predators! [​IMG]

3. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Way to go, Team 2!!!!! Team 1, I hope your wounds get infected real bad!!!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:oh yes and cursing like a drunk marine. lol

5. mjuenem

mjuenem Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Putnam Co.
    What kind of hen is that?

6. 1livelychick

1livelychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    [​IMG] Love it! Great to hear you won! My chickies and I haven't been as lucky. Beautiful Hen and Roo. [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:He da man, yet again! Go, Lance!!! [​IMG] What a team you two make! Golly, after defeating both coyote and fox within one week's time, bet that boy thinks he's invincible.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Believe it or not...she is a red cochin....I got her from a hatchery and she never grew like she was supposed to...a little on the small side but she is a hoot.

Cynthia...he will start suffering delusions of grandieur if I am not careful. LOL

My DH said this evening that he is seeing his little wife in an entirely new and dangerous light. [​IMG] First shooting the coyote on the run and now punting a fox. I do not think he trusts me the way he used to...or at least my temper. [​IMG] all he could say was "dayum honey dayum".

10. NHchicks

NHchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    That's okay - you tell your husband you will defend him the same way! That should make him feel better...

What a great story!

Your hen looks a real lot like one of mine that just got attacked by a fox before my dog got out there and chased it away (I don't have a rooster right now). She's a NH Red, but maybe there's a cross there, because except for the feathery feet, she's a dead ringer. Anyway, we had to put her down because she got too injured by the fox. :sad:

I hope you gave your roo some extra treats for that performance. He's a keeper!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by