Fox in my yard right now!!!!!

Robinkay1

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 21, 2014
NJ
Woke up this morning to lots of clucking from my 6 chicks (4 mo's old) :: baby fox sniffing around their coop and run. I ran it off and sprinkled my wolf pee granuals around but a couple of hours later, looks like mother fox is here now and she was just sniffing around. Coop/run protected by hardwire mesh all over but my chickies are nervous and now these foxes know where they live (I'm in the 'burbs). Help!!! WHat do I do?

(I'm not in the country, can't shoot them....)

Emergency!

:-(

Watch and be entertained. Admire your handy work in creating the fortress.

Do not kill the foxes. You have done your part in protecting your flock. Now the foxes will go after other small wild creatures as nature intended.

On the other hand, do not become complacent. Keep looking for weakness in your setup and take preventative measures.

PS. I lost some to foxes in NJ too. Never blame the foxes but myself and learned from it.

Predator urine is not a repellent, especially a repellent to other predators.  In fact the exact opposite is true.

If this wasn't so then every time a strange automobile parked in your yard your pooch wouldn't be so eager to sniff all the wheels.

Yea the worst u can do is use an animal urine

Watch and be entertained. Admire your handy work in creating the fortress.

Do not kill the foxes. You have done your part in protecting your flock. Now the foxes will go after other small wild creatures as nature intended.

On the other hand, do not become complacent. Keep looking for weakness in your setup and take preventative measures.

PS. I lost some to foxes in NJ too. Never blame the foxes but myself and learned from it.

What ECBW said
goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom