FOX in the Hen house

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Holiday Angel, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Holiday Angel

Holiday Angel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    It truely was a fox and it's kits. I have never harmed one yet but I amy have a fox coat before it's over. I wish it was something I didn't mind shooting. [​IMG]
    Renovation's are coming up...

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh no! I hope you can get the entry fixed...they sure will wipe you out in no time.

3. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I smell trouble!![​IMG]

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Golly, doesn't sound fun. I would hate to see a fox in with my chickens! But instead of shooting, maybe a live trap? Since you do love foxes, right?

5. Holiday Angel

Holiday Angel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    Yes, I love foxes and it sounds good to want to rid one's self of the varmit, but alas, I have found a different way!
    I will be boarding the floor of the chicken coop and since the coop is huge, I will be building a boxed in lockable nesting area that they can go in at night. A house within a house, so to speak.
    I have no trouble during the day so I will only need to finish the outside runs for them.
    I will be getting 4 more Aruacana(sp) hens on the first so this will be a must. The other 4 hens that were left of the recent ones will go back in with them so we keep the Australorps by themselves except two hens that adopted them very early.
    The fox will live and so will the chickens. I do now know why the poor pheasant farmer moved his pheasants.
    Have a smiley, whiley, foxy day!! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by