Fox or coyote

Honestly the best thing to do is fortifie it to the max. Dig trenches and insert wire and cover with rocks to prevent them from digging under the coop. another way is electrifying it. Now that will do they job.

The best way is to make your coop predator proof. If you do the trap, a fox is extremely intelligent. You probably left your scent on everything. It takes a skilled trapper to catch a fox. He/she will continue to come back now that it knows there's chickens. I would suggest finding a good YouTube video for trapping.

Your scent is on everything. That won’t matter. The fox/coyote is expecting to smell you. Your scent is not scaring it. If you tried to set up a trap in the wilderness and your scent was on it the varmint would be suspicious. They sell live traps for Fox/coyotes. If one is creeping around it should work, but your dog/ cat will be attracted to the bait, as well as coons and possums.

I'm not much of a hunter. The live traps didn't work for our fox, or maybe I didn't bait them well.
But I have a hound dog that found 4 separate fox dens after our attack.
So I started controlled fires in all of them. I assume the fox has relocated now, no attacks for over a month.

Back
Top Bottom