Fox or raccoon are now my new options :(

hayley3

Free Ranging
16 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
Thank God I did not shoot those dogs. :(

I woke up this morning to find one stall invaded and my guinea missing...feathers everywhere. It's cold now and I am shut inside the house. The dogs didn't hear a thing either.

I'm afraid to go to work and leave my animals as I won't be home until 7pm or later. Pitch black by then.

Anyway, that was my weakest stall because the goats like to lay there...digging them a soft spot to lay in. So I placed a huge fence post there around the base of the stall and whatever took the guinea just moved it which is why I thought raccoon but maybe not. So I will move the post inside and put bricks on it until I am home to figure out some way to attach it to the wall of the stall. I had originally placed chicken wire on the floor but it didn't last very long.

So I am at a loss of what to do. A security system cannot protect them with me gone. I want to put them in cages and move them out of the barn while I"m at work..but I dont' know if that's feasible.

Anyway just wanted to give an update.

cheryl

I spent 45 minutes handsawing that huge fence post and put it on the inside where it can't be moved. I should've done that before but it had lasted 2 years and so I thought it was fox proof but it warped and was easy to move.

Its ok i probably would have done the same. An easy temporary fix is always welcomed until we put it off to long
1f629.png
but with everythingg else we have to do something bond to slide. I kept temporary filling our fish tank instead of cleaning it out i ended up with a fish that need medication to not have eye problems sighs its a 55 gallon tank and we had three tanks it was alot of work for one person now we only have one tank thankfully but it have to wait until after the baby is born or until my husband does it lol.

Back
Top Bottom