FOXES SPOTTED!!!! (pics to come)

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by FiascoFarmer, Jul 1, 2011.

1. FiascoFarmer

FiascoFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    Farmington, NH
    Last night at around 7:30 pm EST, My wife spotted at least 2 foxes coming from under our neighbors barn. About a month ago that same neighbor mentioned seeing a fox heading toward our property from thiers.

So havahart traps of an appropriate size are over $100.00!!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Did a little quick research online andfound a video on youtube.com on spring snare traps. (I will post link soon.) I then proceeded out back, with my hubting knife and my trusty machette, where they where seen and began building my first-ever homemade trap. In 15 short minutes I had my spot scoped out and the trap built and successfully tested. MAN IS SHE A BEAUTY!!! As you can see I am very proud of myself! [​IMG]

Wish us luck!!! [​IMG]

Will post pics of the trap and directions tomorrow and will update aa we go. I'm sure my wife ChickyLoo will post on here if she gets it while I'm at work.

*** Just some extra info.... I chose a foothold snare as opposed to a hanging snare, just incase I happen to catch some unintended prey (ie the neighbors cat, etc.) It wont be killed and can be easily set free.

2. 12304

12304 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    thats a good idea

i like it that they dont get killed

3. FiascoFarmer

Jun 26, 2011
    Farmington, NH
    Don't get me wrong... If a fox is caught he is toast!!!
    A cat would be released. There will be no mercy shown to something that is trying to take food off my families plate! I will show them that these are not chickens to be fowled(yes I know improper spelling) with!! [​IMG]

Hahahahahaha!!!!! [​IMG]

No but really they're totally dead.....

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    Home made trap from scrap wood and stuff I already had.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. FiascoFarmer

Jun 26, 2011
    Farmington, NH
    Quote:VERY NICE!!! I love the recycling of previously used wood! I do that all the time!
    [​IMG]

6. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    WOW! I'm impressed! Did you catch the possum that fast?

7. NHchicks

NHchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Beautiful trap!

Now. Where's the fox?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by