Foxie...blind baby goat

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mamawolf544, Jan 16, 2010.

1. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Just wanted to share a pic of Foxie and my Granddaughter Savanna.
    Foxie and her twin sis Roxie were born Jan. 2. Their Mama Nanny Red who is a good Mom kicked her to the curb. So I knew something was wrong with her, sure enough she is blind as a bat. He hearing is excellent tho, she can here the fridge opening...[​IMG]
    When she is big enough she will live in the backyard with Jenny the potbelly pig.
    [​IMG]

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Had a blind goat once and the neighbor had a blind steer. The kid was born that way and the steer got injured. Both animals adapted very well.

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    TOOO CUTE .. I miss having baby goats ...

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Oh, she is cute! [​IMG] I would be tempted to hook her up with another doeling. The pot might work fine too as a seeing eye friend.
    I have an ancient blind mini horse that bonded with a pot bellied. When Red grazes the pot stands underneath him and grazes too. I think he is using Red as an umbrella, but does the same thing on overcast and cold days too...so I don't know...
    Good Luck with her!

5. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG]

That is cute. I am a terrible farmer. If they are weak or disabled I have to keep them.
    I do take her out in the pasture with the other kid's, their are 6 more so far. But she just chases me.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by