Frakenchicken Roo. Any idea on breed combo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Skittlez, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Skittlez

Skittlez Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    I bought a group of chickens in July. I picked this one because he was "different". Now he is grown and showing his true colors. I still can not figure out what he is a combo of.

He has 5 toes, feathered legs, single and V comb, and a top hat.

The lady had no silkies and no polish, but I think she did have sultan mixes, and Marans mixes. She also had the variety of common breeds such as RIR, BR, JG, Orps, EE, and she mentioned Americaunas.

Is he possibly a Marans mix with sultan? Maybe just a Heinz 57?

His name is Howard. My daughter calles him Hammer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ladrholman

ladrholman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Musquodoboit
    I have no idea... but he is certainly striking!!!!

3. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Well if that's what she had, then I think yes.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Since you know the person whose flock laid the egg he came from has sultans, I would say that for sure he is a sultan cross. The other parent undoubtedly provided silver (as he appears to have two copies, so it is not a buff or red parent) and a single comb (as his appears to be a hybrid between the sultan V-comb and a single comb.

He's a handsome boy!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That poor thing is confused. [​IMG]

6. Skittlez

Skittlez Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    He definatly is confused [​IMG]. The thing is, she said her breeds but I can't remember them all. She had about 100 chickens of all ages in a big barn. She handed me a net and said catch what you want. I don't remember seeing any sultans, but did see some top hatters, but def. not polish. I am thinking marans mix because a pullet I also got from her lays an olive egg. She is a blue EE with muffs and a beard. She did mention americaunas. But not sure if pure.

The 5 toes and feathered legs were throwing me off. He doesn't really seem to match anything else she had running around. She did however keep her purebreds in a different building. I did not see those. She did say she had no silkies or polish. The top hatters I did see didn't have the nice round hats a sultan would have. They are more like streamers, even on the hens.

Here is a younger pic. He has changed a lot.

[​IMG]

7. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    What about Mottled Houdans? They have a top hat and 5 toes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by