Fraud alert! Rowland farms blacklisted on ebay

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by colby318, Apr 11, 2009.

1. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    I bought a cabinet incubator on ebay April 1st. Had to use google checkout since I couldn't use paypal. (Seller no longer takes...) A day after I paid, all this negative feedback started on this seller. I don't know his ebay "handle" since they closed his accounts and cleared my order off of my ebay page. 10 days later, numerous emails and phone calls later I still haven't gotten my incubator. Do not buy from Rowland farms in Georgia! He sells mostly incubators and their accessories.

Ebay has sent me an email alerting me to his fraud. Tomorrow, I call the credit card company. I've already contacted google checkout to start a grievance (sp?) report against him. That's $530 I'm down right now. I could just scream!!!

Colby in KY

2. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Oh man, those kind of incidences really hurt. We were burned off ebay a couple of years back for close to $500 on a wooden playscape we had been saving our money up for, for our boys. Gosh, that stung hard.

I hope you recover your money, and thanks for the warning.

3. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    boy id be headed to to farm you know where its at?

4. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    oooo that is why I hate ordering off the internet but find myself having to more and more. I sure do hope this person gets caught and everything taken from them

5. LoupGarou

LoupGarou Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Is this the same individual who does business under the name of "crossroadsfarmsga?" That's who I bought my incubator and turner from and he is no longer a registered user.

6. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Quote:I think that's him! Was he just slow to ship? When I called him, he gave me his life's story. People have been calling up and threatening him. I tried to be considerate, but he only made a d*** tracking label with ups, never gave them the incubator. He's in Georgia, I'm Kentucky. If it weren't Easter weekend, I'd show up on his front door.

7. LoupGarou

LoupGarou Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Yes, I paid him on the 17th of March and he did not ship until the 21st. I know that's not terribly slow, but on the 20th I contacted him and told him that he would ship "immediately" since I had used the "Buy it Now" option and that I had eggs that would arrive early the following week and I would be VERY upset if I had nothing to hatch them in. His failure to ship my incubator right away is just one of the many things that went against this particular hatching . . .

8. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Ugh, I'm sorry. [​IMG]

btw, your name makes me smile "werewolf"

Colby in KY

9. tate

tate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    some where in FL
    that is why all my incubators are dickeys mr dickey is a great guy to deal with the last one i bought was on a sat had it by weds

10. leghorn dude

leghorn dude Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Conroe tx
    i ordered stuff from them too says he shipped i reported him he created another account i am calling gqf this week and letting them know i think everyne that got burned by them shuld also contact gqf to let them knw how he is representing their product i personally love my sportsman incubators and it is a shame that someone is making them look bad

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by