Fraudulent Breeders

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by marymac, Aug 3, 2010.

1. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Who else on here has ordered and payed for fertile eggs from a breeder and they don't send your eggs or answer any emails? Just curious , does this happen very often or not. What should I do?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Report it to Nifty or Terrielacy... Or any mod really.

3. BoerneChickens

BoerneChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    If you paid with a credit card you can call the credit card company and they will dispute the charges and go after the vendor who failed to provide the product they charged you for. I am not sure if there is a similar option through PayPal - but you might look into it. If you paid with a check I am not sure what the options are but you might want to check with your bank

4. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    I paid with paypal and they will dispute the matter, but I'm not sure how long I should wait till I turn it in to them. I can't seem to get an answer from the breeder after I have sent her numerous emails, and when I tried to contact her on the phone the person said they get calls for her all the time,and she didn't live there. Now her website on BYC doesn't appear either.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

How long has it been, if over a week with no response, I would file a paypal dispute.

6. BoerneChickens

BoerneChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    Quote:If you can't reach her via email or phone I would dispute it sooner rather than later. I am sure you can find another breeder to work with who will be reputable. I would also report whoever it was to a BYC moderator in a private message so that they are aware of the situation and keep others on the site from being scammed.

Sorry for what you are going through [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by