frazier farms

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by granny hatchet, Oct 30, 2013.

1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    has anyone had any experience with frazier farms out of bybee, TN. ?

2. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    I bought what I thought and was told by them were Tolbunt Polish... They sell Candy Corn or some other coloring with Cuckoo in it as Tolbunts... When I told them and sent them pics showing the difference they just told me I could have seen their adults on their facebook page and since I paid for them I got what I paid for...

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
  3. JordanFamily

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Here is a pic of a Frazier Farm "Tolbunt" and a Tolbunt picture from the Polish Breeders Club

Frazier Farms:
    [​IMG]

Polish Breeder's Club:
    [​IMG]
    You can see there is a very big difference... Below is a pic of a Candy Corn Polish and what I believe Frazier Farms is selling and calling them Tolbunts when they are not:
    [​IMG]

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thanks, guess im a little to late for that but they are being very nice so far

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i have heard a lot of people asking for bantam tolbunt, you breed them? and have you ever seen a chocolate cocker? i have one

6. JordanFamily

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Yes I co-own several chocolate Cockers... I'm doing a bantam Polish Tolbunt project. I got the recipe from Doug Kramer and should have full bantams in the polish Tolbunts in a year from now. Right now I have a handful of Tolbunt adults and a few mixed with bantam Houdan and bantam gold laced, getting the size down... I will have full sized and maybe medium sized full Polish Tolbunts this next spring... And some mixed chicks from my project... K

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    that is awesome, hope to see pictures. my dog is akc but i honestly thought it too was a mix because of color. she is a very well behaved dog, too well, no fun.haha i dont breed chickens i just love the colors so maybe when you get going better you will think of me with your culls. just a few . one more question, do all cockers have those devil eyes? glowing red? and are they all suck ups? or is it just my training? wish i could post pics of my "tolbunt".

8. JordanFamily

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  9. JordanFamily

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    You should state on here what you received from Frazier Farms when you purchased your "Tolbunt" chicks so people can see this is what they are selling and calling them Tolbunts.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
  10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i ordered 3 tolbunt chicks from frazier farms and the post office did lose them. when they were found one didn't make it. so frazier farms will get the money back including shipping cost and one hundred insurance . it has come to my attention that these chickens may not be tolbunt but candy corn instead. i personally do not see the difference . i am not a breeder and i collect the beautiful colors when i can. i have personally spoke with frazier farms and they do plan on making it right with me. i told them that i thought two more chickens would be fair for what we both had to go through with the post office and she did offer my full money back but i choose to accept the chickens. she has told me that i will receive three more tolbunt/candy corn whatever they may be called and for my trouble i will also get a buff polish and a bantam wyandotte . i am not going to get involved any more than i already am discussing the genetics of these birds because i wouldnt know what i was talking about. i am sorry jordan family that you are not happy with your purchase but so far they have been open and honest with me. yes, i did think i was getting tolbunt and i don't know what i have but i like them enough to not give them up . i hope everything works out for the both of you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by