Freaked out chicks

chewer

Hatching
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Today is the second day the chicks have been out side. We had a sever thunder storm watch we went out to close them in their house and they were freaking out, it was beginning to get dark. Once inside they huddled together but calmed down. These are our first chickens so naturally we are freaking. Does the behavior have any thing to do with pressure change or what?

WelcometoBYC.gif
. Just sounds like something spooked them. Was any thunder going on?

It may have been the thunderstorm, but if it was just their second day outside, I think it may have been the darkness setting in. They get skittish and don't really know what to do or where to go. They instinctively know that they shouldn't be outside in the dark, on the ground, where anything can eat them.

Just checked on them not a peep, It sounds like your right. Thanks for the info.

Freaked out newbies.

the first night i tryed to put my girls out we had a thunger storm roll in (it was not even pradicted it was to be a warm calm night but a storm up north took a turn) i have a dog that freaks out during thunder so I also brought in the chicks put them back in there bathroom in there nursery and turned on clasical music so they would not hear the storm. I dont know what i will do the next time one comes around but they have been out side for a week now so i think it would not be so scary for them. i say if the thunder gets to bad go check on them if there really freaked i would bring them in but thats just me

I think Leadwolf1 is spot on, we had a pretty good storm but they weathered it just fine.

Back
Top Bottom