Freakin' Chicken LOL

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TikiRoost6, Mar 18, 2017.

1. TikiRoost6

TikiRoost6 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2017
    Sharpsburg, MD
    So, I've had my chicks for about a week & one of my Australourpe chicks, Gertrude, has the best personality!!! Every time I call them, she comes running to me & hops on my hand. Today, she decided to skip up my arm & get comfy on my shoulder![​IMG] Is this something I can expect as she gets bigger...because I freaking love it!!![​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Yes, many birds will "parrot" on your shoulder, even as adults. As it is something you enjoy there is no reason to discourage it (some folks don't like the forwardness of this behavior and will discourage it as part of their management) - *but* do watch out for your eyes/teeth as they are very attractive targets for pecking (an adult chicken can easily damage your eye severely with one well placed peck) and also be mindful of earrings you wear as "hardware disease" has befallen more than one bird who had snatched an earring before the person even knew what was happening.

1 person likes this.
  3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Said perfectly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by