FREAKIN OUT

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dddCT, Aug 19, 2008.

1. dddCT

dddCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    OK I have 6 eggs in the bator and its day 19. I had the temp and the humidity holding well. Tonight we had to move the 12 2 1/2 week old chicks into a bigger brooder that my hubby built. Well it wouldnt fit into the room and we had to take the door off. With all the messing around and the door needing to be off and the room temp changing, we lost the humidity on the incubator down to 50% and the temp dropped to 97for about an hour. It's back up where it should be but I'm freaking out. Did we do any damage?

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    If it was only for about an hour you will be just fine! Sometimes things like that happen that are out of our control. If you have things adjusted again, things will be okay. [​IMG]

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    You should still be fine.

4. dddCT

dddCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    thanks. I think I may need to take up drinking. The stress, the stress:barnie

5. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    What is the temp and humidity needed for the bator ? never used a bator

This is my very 1st. time at havign a hen broody and setting on eggs .

I have a hen setting on 4 eggs . I candled them last night and 3 out of 4 are good .

We are on day 15

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:temp in the bator should be 99.5-100.5(force air,fan) and still air is I *think* 101-102 at top of egg
    humidity, depending who you talk to, some texts say about 45% first 18 days, then about 65% last 3 days. I personally don't add any water (dry incubate) for the first 18 days unless humidity gets below 30%. Last 3 days it is somewhere in the 50%'s.
    1 warning-incubating is VERY ADDICTIVE (says the woman with 53 chicks and 9 dozen eggs in the bator [​IMG] )

Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by