Freaking out

JackieDuck2017

Chirping
Jan 29, 2018
ok we are panicking a bit. Jackie hasn’t pooped for almost an hour. Her poop/belly area is a bit puffy. She is wobbling a bit and not really sure on her feet. The only vet that knows anything about ducks here isn’t back until tomorrow. She also usually lays an egg every day but did not lay one today. She is still eating and drinking.

She is a house duck. She lives inside with us. We gave her a warm bath and I gave her some romaine lettuce and fish pellets. She finally pooped and she has been a bit more active. I am going to buy some oyster shell tomorrow. I just wish she would only lay eggs every other day. I worry about how hard it is on her to lay daily.

She is normally so loving but way suckier than usual tonight. If she’s not feeling better in the morning she’s going to the vet. I’m also taking her to work with me tomorrow so she can get a good swim in see if that helps.

She is doing so much better. Back to her regular self. I’m buying some oyster shells to add to her feed. See if that helps. Any other ideas on how to keep her regular. I really think that’s what was wrong. I mean we all know how much our ducks poop and for her to not poop for more than an hour that I know of for sure...

We feed layer poultry feed, flax seed as a treat, she gets fish pellets and meal worms at least once or twice a week as a treat and we also give her cucumbers and romaine lettuce every day or so as treats

ok we are panicking a bit. Jackie hasn’t pooped for almost an hour. Her poop/belly area is a bit puffy. She is wobbling a bit and not really sure on her feet. The only vet that knows anything about ducks here isn’t back until tomorrow. She also usually lays an egg every day but did not lay one today. She is still eating and drinking.
She’s also puffing her feathers out and the area seems tender

Back
Top Bottom