Freaking out!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RogerTheChicken, Jan 25, 2015.

1. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    i bought some frizzles today and I got home and inspected them and I noticed the rooster smelt weird, I smelt near his nose and it reaped like death, I have them in quarantine, should i quarantine the two hens from him? The hens seem very healthy and he does too, besides his nose. I am scared this is corzya :(

2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Coryza symptoms are: swollen head, comb and eyes swollen shut. Also crusty discharge from nose and eyes. It sounds more like sour crop to me.

3. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Edited as I've misread, as they all came from the same place (I assume) and have been in contact with each other already there probably isn't a lot of point separating them. They probably already have anything he does, but if you have the ability to separate them in can't hurt either.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  4. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    We cullEd the sick rooster and one of the hens, she was showing signs, but another hen, that came with them probably just met them, she is way prettier and I am pretty sure she is not sick so we have not culled her but are still watching

5. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    Can you breeds chickens with corzya? I know the chicks will have it but just wondering

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Any flock that has coryza should not sell or give away any chickens.

7. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    I dont mean sell, I mean just to breed and keep for yourself

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by