Fred with wry neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lucyspals, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Lucyspals

Lucyspals In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2019
    I am giving Fred a dropper twice a day for wry neck. The medicine is working well. I going on vacation for a week in a week. Any suggestions on something to put drops on for him to eat. My husband I have a hard time getting them down his throat. I do not think she will be able to.

2. RhodeIslandRed5

RhodeIslandRed5 Songster

May 28, 2019
    East Texas
    Try a soft treat of scrambled or boiled egg.

3. annaBsChick

annaBsChick Songster

Nov 24, 2014
    Herndon, VA
    What are you giving him in the dropper?

Shadrach likes this.
  4. Lucyspals

Lucyspals In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2019
    In 1/2 bottle of d vi sol vitamins I am adding 5 adult doses vitamin e oil and crunching up 3 adult doses selenium.

5. Kelsey Cathy

Kelsey Cathy Chirping

May 23, 2009
    My one week old silkie has wry neck. He falls over and rolls around until he gets upright again. Very painful to watch. Can he survive this and have a normal life?
    Since he is so young, how would I treat him with the vitamins? If I put it in his water I am unsure how much of it he will get and he only gets non-medicated chick starter.

6. Lucyspals

Lucyspals In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2019
    Where I got this info from was for chickens they said 1/2 dropper twice a day. One week is so little, my duck at 9 weeks is already a few pounds. Maybee a quarter of dropper once a day. Under articles at top of this site. There is a good one on what foods will help get what they need.

7. Lucyspals

Lucyspals In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2019

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: