FREE! (2) Heritage Delaware Cockerels, 15 wks (((TAKEN!))) N. GA Mtns

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

I previously had these boys in two different ads, but now, have decided that they are both FREE for pickup so I'm combining the ads. They are breeder stock, not hatchery birds. One of them, especially, is a GIANT of a boy for his age-I'd say he's about the size of a 20 week old. If someone wants to breed a dual purpose bird great for meat, this boy may be the answer to that. If you just want a free dinner, either or both will do just fine. [​IMG] I have to tell you that they are both too feisty for my taste, they love to nip at my shoes when I go in the coop and I just dont have the time or energy to deal with that. They both need some more "aversion therapy" if you want them for flock roosters, but I bet they'd be fierce protectors if you went that route, with the size to back it up. They are excellent foragers, that's for sure, true to the breed. If you want to work with them and see how they develop, can't beat free!
    Pickup Only, please! I'm in Fannin county, GA, right at the NC line.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: