FREE: 2 Partridge Rock Roosters in Maryland (see pictures)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by krturpie, Nov 11, 2007.

1. krturpie

krturpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2007
    Maryland
    We hatched four eggs last July and got three roos and one hen. They're beautiful birds, and are all getting along fine, but we'd still like to give away two of the roosters to a good home or homes. We are also interesting in obtaining a couple of hens (any breed).

I took some pictures of these youngsters this morning (Nov 11, 2007), including a couple of the roos cruising and snoozing together (and there's a close-up shot of the latter). I also took a shot of a single rooster strutting along and another eyeing the camera .

The hen, Buttercup (aka The Miracle Hen), we're keeping. The story behind the Miracle Hen is long, involving a daring, and likely hungry, hawk; my intrepid and pertinacious 12 year old daughter; an unbelievely strong and lucky chick; and a very astounded, but well-paid vet. Buttercup also cost us king's ransom, so, it's pretty unlikely that she'll ever end up in our soup. I took a picture of Buttercup watching me curiously. She doesn't hang out with the guys as much, but when she does, it fairly clear that she rules the roost...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  2. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Where are you located in Maryland? I am in Thurmont, MD and lost my Roos today to a predator. I might consider getting a Roo, because the 5 hens that survived are lost. I have 14 new chickens that are 2 months old, but not ready to put them together yet.

3. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Partridge is by far my favorite, favorite color and she is beautiful!! Where did you get them?

4. MissChee

MissChee Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2007
    MD
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

5. MissChee

MissChee Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2007
    MD
    The roosters are so freandly to each other and tained

6. krturpie

Nov 11, 2007
    Maryland
    Hi jeaucamom.

They really are beautiful. I'm not sure where we got them. I'll have to ask my wife later. All I know is she hatched four chickens from two dozen eggs that she mail ordered; not a very good showing, I think.

Still, the ones we got seem worth all the manual egg turning and thermometer watching. They're very docile and sweet; even the roos. My daughter keeps them well watered, feed, and constantly pampered. I'm not sure that's good for a farm chicken, but they sure make great pets.

BTW, we still have one roo to go if you're interested. (maybe two... I'm not sure the neighbors are ready for any once they start crowing).

Hiiiii back MissChee.

7. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Well I brought one of these gentleman home yesterday 12/9. He is doing well with my 5 hens. This is an adjustment for him, a lot to get use to being a city boy. But he is eating, drinking and exploring the chicken house and yard. You can definitely tell he has been handled. My ladies come for food, but really don’t worry that much about me, but this boy came right up to me as if to say, Hello!

8. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    your chickens are so ADORABLE!
    i could just hug one =]
    im in white hall, a min or two from the harford county line

9. krturpie

Nov 11, 2007
    Maryland

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by