FREE - 3 hens to good home, Pittsburgh, PA

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by 2emma2, Nov 27, 2012.

1. 2emma2

2emma2 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    We have two Cochins, one black and one yellow. I can't remember the exact breed but might be able to find it in an old e-mail. We also have one hen which I believe is an American Game Fowl. The Cochins were born last summer so they are a little over a year. Then American Game Fowl we do not know the age but we have had her since April 2011. All three gave us eggs all summer. They recently stopped about last week. They stopped just like last winter because of the amount of daylight and we do not have a heat lamp.

We are giving these lovely ladies away because we feel that someone else could give them a happier home. We don't have the time we want to give them. We often let them roam our huge fenced in yard but we also have two dogs and they can't be out with the chickens. I hope that someone on here would be happy to give them a home.

All three must go together and we also have food that you can take with them. We recently bought 3 50lb bags but we probably went part of the way through one. They are no longer in the bags because we have a metal trash can we keep by the coop. You are welcome to take the food in the trash can if you want it and can fit it in your vehicle or I am sure we can put it in a new trash bag.

My husband said yesterday that the yellow one looked like she was starting to loose feathers on her neck. I do not know if this is stress because we were out of town for a few days or what. They had plenty of food and water while we are away and this won't be her first winter.

I am willing to meet someone or bring them to you if it is nearby. We live in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA. I am willing to travel as far as Cranberry or into the city. I will not mail these hens. If I do bring them to you, I will not be able to fit the trash can in my vehicle.

I can get pictures if needed.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I also posted in the PA unite thread.... have you come over and said hello? From Berks! link is below in my signature area

3. Cheralee

Cheralee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Slippery Rock, PA
    I live in Slippery Rock. We're you able to find homes for your girls?

4. 2emma2

2emma2 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    We have not found a new home for them yet. Do you have space for them?

5. Cheralee

Cheralee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Slippery Rock, PA
    I'm sorry. I didn't see your post here, only the private message. I believe I can help you, I was just wondering how big they are. I have 6 Australorp hens and am adding 3 Orpingtons. They are all larger birds and I am trying to keep size relative so nobody becomes a target because of being small. I can send you my cell # or can you post pics here? Sorry to be a pain. I just want to minimize stress for my girls as well as yours. :(

6. pictures?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by