1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free 4' x 8' Shed Style Chicken Coop Plans

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by downeastthunderfarm, Aug 18, 2011.

1. downeastthunderfarm

downeastthunderfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    Maine
  2. catsew

catsew Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Where were you about 2 months ago when we were starting ours? Ours is pretty much the same thing. Where do you have your ventilation? And maybe its just the pictures, but why does it seem so skinny? Our 4 foot wide side looks wider, but it could be an angle thing in your pic.

But thats awesome. I'm sure people will appreciate it.

3. F106A

F106A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Texas Big Country
    Wow! That is awesome! Although I already have one, it will most likely stay with this property if I ever leave. I'll keep this in my "back pocket" just in case. Really nice work, and thanks for sharing the plans.

4. downeastthunderfarm

downeastthunderfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    Maine
    We've got two vents above the door - he doesn't show it here. It's not tight, but I don't think we'll have any big breezes during the winter.

I think it looks skinny too. In fact we went round and round over this when he was drawing the plans. I thought it looked too narrow for us to move around in when we had to maintain it. It's fairly roomy though, so it really is an optical illusion!

5. WishboneDawn

WishboneDawn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2011
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Awesome! It looks exactly like the coop that's been swirling around in my head for the past few weeks. [​IMG] Thank you.

6. FlatRoofer

FlatRoofer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2011
    That's some great plans, thanks for posting. I have never built any chicken coops from plans before, but I will bookmark this page so I can use it in the future. I design storage sheds and outbuilding blueprints mostly. Anyway great post...

7. chipmunkridge

chipmunkridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    We are in the process of building a coop, and this looks perfect.Plus
    it's BIGGER than what I was hoping for!
    I'll keep you posted if yours is the winning design!

8. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    WoW!! That was more than kind of you!! I bookmarked it for future reference. [​IMG]

9. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    [​IMG]:thumbsup:thumbsup
    Ayda

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by