FREE 8 week old cockerels - SFH and Buff Sussex - NY

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Dahlisgrams, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Dahlisgrams

Dahlisgrams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2012
    The Big Apple
    Free to good home only. 8 week old crested Swedish Flower Hen and Buff Sussex cockerels. Not to be used for meat.

Healthy and ready to go!

Photos upon request. Any questions, please ask! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. acire67

acire67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Pleasant Valley
    Where in NY are you? I'm in Pleasant Valley (near Poughkeepsie). How many cockerels do you have? Would like to see pictures, might take them if there isn't too much of a distance between us.

3. Dahlisgrams

Jun 16, 2012
    The Big Apple
    I'm on Long Island and could probably meet you in CT by the New London ferry..

There are two SFH and both are crested. One is blonde with blue and the other is brown/red with blue. I have only one Buff Sussex.

I can get current photos tomorrow during daylight hours. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. Dahlisgrams

Jun 16, 2012
    The Big Apple
    They've been taken and are no longer available. [​IMG]

5. acire67

Nov 6, 2009
    Pleasant Valley
    Glad they found a home. :)

6. Dahlisgrams

Jun 16, 2012
    The Big Apple
    Me too! They went to a local family that will take good care of them and that's important to me.

I will have more SFH eggs hatching as well as another group of older birds to go through so I may have more in the next few weeks. I'll update this page with photos as they become available.

There is also the possibility of delivery further upstate as I travel that way sometimes. [​IMG]

7. acire67

Nov 6, 2009
    Pleasant Valley
    Do you sell hatching eggs? What breeds besides SFH & Buff Sussex? Thanks. Erica

8. Dahlisgrams

Jun 16, 2012
    The Big Apple
    I'm awaing the oldest to begin laying (they're 5 months old now), but once they do and the eggs are larger than pullet sized, I will be offering eggs. I also have Breda Fowl in black, blue and splash. That's all for Spring but I'll have a few other breeds next Fall, hopefully! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by